Short Term Rehabilitation
Our Skilled Rehabilitation & Nursing program is specifically designed to meet the needs of individuals who require medical or rehabilitative intervention as a result of a recent hospitalization for illness, surgery, stroke or injury.
Our mission is to provide intensive rehabilitation to help individuals recover and return home as soon as possible. Our dedicated and experienced nurses and therapists incorporate the latest medical methodology and technology coupled with individualized plans of care to enhance our clients’ recovery.
During your rehabilitative stay, you will enjoy a spacious private bedroom with private bathroom and all the comforts of home. Home cooked meals are offered with consideration to individual preferences and diets. Our Registered Dietitian is available for consultation with clientele and their family members.
Conditions we treat include, but are not limited to:
- Arthritis - Hip, wrist, ankle, elbow fractures, joint replacement, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, spine disfigurement, etc.
- Balance - The greatest percentage of falls is from muscle weakness or a problem with information about body's position in space during movement -- your vestibular system. Your brain, inner ear, sensation and vision all determine your sense of balance. Throughout our balance program, your physical and occupational therapists will have you participate in techniques to treat vertigo and balance disorders.
- Fractures of the hip, wrist, elbow, pelvic and other structures
- Pre & Post Joint Replacements
- Back & neck pain
- Cumulative trauma disorders
- Degenerative joint disease
- Foot and ankle pain or sprains
- Knee sprains, strains and other injuries
- Shoulder injuries from rotator cuff to frozen shoulder
- Traumatic injuries
- Wound care with on-site, state of art technology & procedures
The admission process at the Hannah B.G. Shaw Home is simple. If you, or your loved one, are currently in the hospital and will need short-term rehab, let your case manager know that you are interested in completing your rehabilitation at the Shaw Home. Feel free to call us directly to inquire about bed availability.
If you are not currently in the hospital, but know that you will need short-term rehab following a scheduled surgery, please contact our Admission Department at (508) 947-0332 and we will reserve your room.
We encourage you to come visit. The best way to understand our community is to see it first hand. To schedule a visit please call 508-947-0332, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
THE SHAW HOME'S REHABILITATION PROGRAM INCLUDES
- Physical & Occupational Therapy; Speech-Language Pathology
- Focus on range of motion; restoration of function; improving strength, endurance and flexibility
- Interdisciplinary pain management
- Arthritis Programming: therapies to reduce pain and improve mobility, strength & flexibility; low impact exercise programs; splinting and bracing for joint protection & stability; joint protection education and home modifications suggestions; medical treatment with the most effectively prescribed medications
- Pre- & Post-surgical care
- Bracing & Orthotics
- Cardiac Rehab
- Stroke Recovery
- Vestibular & Nutritional Therapy
- Diagnostics & X-Ray Services
- Real-time communication with referring physicians to ensure incorporation of treatment pathways and surgically specific protocols throughout your continuity of care
- Education about risk factors & injury prevention
- State of the art accessible & conventional living areas to practice therapy techniques to ensure a safe discharge
"LEADING LIFE TO THE FULLEST" - Orthopedic Program
A loss of independence and chronic pain due to a musculoskeletal injury or illness resulting in surgery is often life-changing for individuals. The Hannah B.G. Shaw Home is equipped to provide exceptional, all-inclusive restorative services as you regain your range of motion and strength to return home and the life you love.
OurRehabilitation Center brings together the foremost rehabilitative physician groups, nurses, therapists, and other clinicians to offer South Shore residents extraordinary rehabilitation care in a beautiful environment. From balance disorders to major joint replacement, the skilled nursing and therapy team will get you back to doing the things you love to do.
The Shaw Home team is ready to serve all of your medical needs. Our clinicians approach each of their patients from an individualistic perspective, assessing your specific needs. While you participate in the Shaw Home's therapy program, you will have the opportunity to maximize your functional independence, receive compassionate care, and emotional support. You will find the confidence to successfully return to thriving within your community.